Peter taught the course “Underwater Archaeology of the Eastern Mediterranean: shipwrecks, sunken cities, drowned landscapes and the ancient world” for the Bloomsbury Summer School at University College London. Students learned about the wide range of underwater sites around the eastern Mediterranean, including the latest research. Guest lecturers included Rachel Bynoe, Damian Robinson, Crystal Safadi, and Ziad Morsy.
- Fellowship at the British School at Rome August 23, 2017
- National Geographic documentary August 14, 2017
- Battle of the Egadi Islands fieldwork August 1, 2017
- Teaching at the Bloomsbury Summer School at UCL July 24, 2017
- Honor Frost Foundation grant to study paleomagnetism June 15, 2017