The Albanian Marine Science Expedition had a successful two week field season in July 2016. The expedition gathered data on the ecology and archaeology of southern Albanian waters, assessing biodiversity and underwater cultural heritage. The most significant findings were that the large Roman-era harbor of Triport is eight acres larger than previous published studies suggest and the collection of samples for analysis of heavy metals and microplastics in Albanian waters. Read more about the expedition here.
- Fellowship at the British School at Rome August 23, 2017
- National Geographic documentary August 14, 2017
- Battle of the Egadi Islands fieldwork August 1, 2017
- Teaching at the Bloomsbury Summer School at UCL July 24, 2017
- Honor Frost Foundation grant to study paleomagnetism June 15, 2017