The Society for Historical Archaeology’s annual conference was held in Seattle, Washington, this year. I presented a paper on MaritimeArchaeology.com as a platform to elevate the “discoverability” of archaeology on an internet increasingly moving toward social media and mobile platforms. It argued for a common platform for the field, rather than continuing to build separately.
- Fellowship at the British School at Rome August 23, 2017
- National Geographic documentary August 14, 2017
- Battle of the Egadi Islands fieldwork August 1, 2017
- Teaching at the Bloomsbury Summer School at UCL July 24, 2017
- Honor Frost Foundation grant to study paleomagnetism June 15, 2017