The announcement of possible Santa Maria discovery by treasure hunter Barry Clifford was handled clumsily, not involving Haitian team members and leading to the looting of the site. Here is my immediate reaction to the announcement in the days that followed.
- Fellowship at the British School at Rome August 23, 2017
- National Geographic documentary August 14, 2017
- Battle of the Egadi Islands fieldwork August 1, 2017
- Teaching at the Bloomsbury Summer School at UCL July 24, 2017
- Honor Frost Foundation grant to study paleomagnetism June 15, 2017