The announcement of possible Santa Maria discovery by treasure hunter Barry Clifford was handled clumsily, not involving Haitian team members and leading to the looting of the site. Here is my immediate reaction to the announcement in the days that followed.
- One year at the Guardian: The end of the Past and the Curious August 29, 2018
- JS Morrison Grant at the British School at Athens August 21, 2018
- 2018 Fieldwork at the Battle of the Egadi Islands July 15, 2018
- ICOM Palmyra Lecture in Vienna June 15, 2018
- Entangled Sea Conference June 12, 2018