On April 27 I gave a lecture titled “Funding conflict through cultural heritage: ISIS and illicit trafficking in cultural property” at the course “Establishing a Global Knowledge Network: ISIS as a Threat and Legal Challenge and the Prevention of Recruitment.” The course was organized by University of Zagreb, Max Planck Institute, and the Inter-University Centre in Dubrovnik, Croatia. It was a pleasure to speak before the faculty and students, all of whom engaged with the topic and offered great insights into this complex subject.
- Fellowship at the British School at Rome August 23, 2017
- National Geographic documentary August 14, 2017
- Battle of the Egadi Islands fieldwork August 1, 2017
- Teaching at the Bloomsbury Summer School at UCL July 24, 2017
- Honor Frost Foundation grant to study paleomagnetism June 15, 2017