I had the honor of being invited to the Organization for Cooperation and Security in Europe (OSCE) Workshop on Border Security and Counter Cross Border Criminal Activity in the Mediterranean Region from October 20-22. Hosted at the National Police Academy in Avila and the Police Headquarters in Madrid, Spain, the workshop focused on border security issues in the Mediterranean. I gave a lecture and moderate a workshop session on the trafficking of illicit antiquities, leading discussions of how best to prevent this form of trafficking and methods that border guards can enact.
- Fellowship at the British School at Rome August 23, 2017
- National Geographic documentary August 14, 2017
- Battle of the Egadi Islands fieldwork August 1, 2017
- Teaching at the Bloomsbury Summer School at UCL July 24, 2017
- Honor Frost Foundation grant to study paleomagnetism June 15, 2017