Jeff Royal, George Koutsouflakis, and Peter were awarded a research grant by the Honor Frost Foundation to conduct research in the Fourni Archipelago in the Aegean Sea. Fourni is located at a nexus of ancient trade routes and the islands offered important anchorages for ships conducting long distance trade. The fieldwork will take place in September 2015. This is the third Honor Frost Foundation grant awarded to Jeff and Peter. The previous two covered research into the Battle of the Egadi Islands, the first ancient naval battle field ever found.
- Fellowship at the British School at Rome August 23, 2017
- National Geographic documentary August 14, 2017
- Battle of the Egadi Islands fieldwork August 1, 2017
- Teaching at the Bloomsbury Summer School at UCL July 24, 2017
- Honor Frost Foundation grant to study paleomagnetism June 15, 2017