Jeff Royal, George Koutsouflakis, and Peter were awarded a research grant by the Honor Frost Foundation to conduct research in the Fourni Archipelago in the Aegean Sea. Fourni is located at a nexus of ancient trade routes and the islands offered important anchorages for ships conducting long distance trade. The fieldwork will take place in September 2015. This is the third Honor Frost Foundation grant awarded to Jeff and Peter. The previous two covered research into the Battle of the Egadi Islands, the first ancient naval battle field ever found.
- One year at the Guardian: The end of the Past and the Curious August 29, 2018
- JS Morrison Grant at the British School at Athens August 21, 2018
- 2018 Fieldwork at the Battle of the Egadi Islands July 15, 2018
- ICOM Palmyra Lecture in Vienna June 15, 2018
- Entangled Sea Conference June 12, 2018