In this Op Ed for the New York Times, I discuss how a recent archaeological projects have been taken up by politicians as means to “prove” historical claims in established exclusive economic zones outside of their own. In 2007, Dr. Joe Flatman warned, “hydrocarbon deposits look set to make maritime archaeology a pawn in a global game,” and this appears to be coming true.
- Fellowship at the British School at Rome August 23, 2017
- National Geographic documentary August 14, 2017
- Battle of the Egadi Islands fieldwork August 1, 2017
- Teaching at the Bloomsbury Summer School at UCL July 24, 2017
- Honor Frost Foundation grant to study paleomagnetism June 15, 2017