In this Op Ed for the New York Times, I discuss how a recent archaeological projects have been taken up by politicians as means to “prove” historical claims in established exclusive economic zones outside of their own. In 2007, Dr. Joe Flatman warned, “hydrocarbon deposits look set to make maritime archaeology a pawn in a global game,” and this appears to be coming true.
- One year at the Guardian: The end of the Past and the Curious August 29, 2018
- JS Morrison Grant at the British School at Athens August 21, 2018
- 2018 Fieldwork at the Battle of the Egadi Islands July 15, 2018
- ICOM Palmyra Lecture in Vienna June 15, 2018
- Entangled Sea Conference June 12, 2018