The collaboration between the Soprintendenza del Mare and RPM Nautical Foundation continued at the Battle of the Egadi Islands site. The project has spanned a decade and led to the discovery of numerous artifacts from the battle in 241 BC.
- Fellowship at the British School at Rome August 23, 2017
- National Geographic documentary August 14, 2017
- Battle of the Egadi Islands fieldwork August 1, 2017
- Teaching at the Bloomsbury Summer School at UCL July 24, 2017
- Honor Frost Foundation grant to study paleomagnetism June 15, 2017