In June we offered the third year of Illyrian Coastal Exploration Program summer field schools. These underwater science field schools are accredited through Transylvania University and teach maritime archaeology and coastal ecology. This year partnered once again with RPM Nautical Foundation and the International Centre for Underwater Archaeology in Zadar, Croatia, the regional UNESCO institution for the Adriatic Sea. Directed by Peter Campbell and Derek Smith, the course is based on the RPA guidelines for an archaeological field school and features a diverse academic staff.
- Fellowship at the British School at Rome August 23, 2017
- National Geographic documentary August 14, 2017
- Battle of the Egadi Islands fieldwork August 1, 2017
- Teaching at the Bloomsbury Summer School at UCL July 24, 2017
- Honor Frost Foundation grant to study paleomagnetism June 15, 2017