In June we offered the third year of Illyrian Coastal Exploration Program summer field schools. These underwater science field schools are accredited through Transylvania University and teach maritime archaeology and coastal ecology. This year partnered once again with RPM Nautical Foundation and the International Centre for Underwater Archaeology in Zadar, Croatia, the regional UNESCO institution for the Adriatic Sea. Directed by Peter Campbell and Derek Smith, the course is based on the RPA guidelines for an archaeological field school and features a diverse academic staff.
- One year at the Guardian: The end of the Past and the Curious August 29, 2018
- JS Morrison Grant at the British School at Athens August 21, 2018
- 2018 Fieldwork at the Battle of the Egadi Islands July 15, 2018
- ICOM Palmyra Lecture in Vienna June 15, 2018
- Entangled Sea Conference June 12, 2018